Themes to be covered
- Major concern of environment and pollution (environmental education and awareness)
- Relevance of Ganga Action Plan project and its proposed activities, program implementation, time frame, cost effectiveness, effective results.
- Focus on roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders in the Project and to protect the Ganga River from pollution.
- Water pollution and its various effects on the people with reference to the River Ganga.
- Major sources of pollution (open defecation, sewage, entry of pollutants from weavers, and dhobis, into the river Ganga, etc.)
- Need for restoration of water bodies/rivers particularly in the urban context, biodiversity aspect, with special focus on Ganga River etc.
- Solid waste management
- Exploitation of natural resources and its impact, tourism potential.
- Local cultural traditional rituals and its relations with rivers and its relevance for protection of natural resources.
- Related policies and legislations.